Experienced technology CTO and CEO, originally as co-founder of Silverstripe. Can establish & lead engineering & design teams, and own architecture, security, and technical operations. Works effectively at the intersection of technology & business.
With experience as both CTO and CEO of technology companies I work effectively at the intersection of business & technology, to provide solutions that work within the needs & constraints of both.
The bulk of my career was as a co-founder of Silverstripe, where I spent 10 years as CTO and another 10 as CEO. Since then I have joined another local SaaS start-up, Frankie, where I am currently virtual CTO. In addition, I have experience with advisory boards & mentoring start-ups.
I have worked in organizations of 1–100 staff, selling software products & professional services to SMEs, public sector, and large NZ enterprises. I also have extensive experience with open-source software and its application to business.
As a versatile technology leader I can step in wherever I am needed, notably:
- Establishing & leading a design & engineering team, including hiring, line management, team coaching, and "ScrumMaster" duties
- Leading decision-making on system architecture
- Running technical operations & meeting information security needs
- Providing a technology perspective in critical sales & investment discussions
- Supporting product management as needed
Short engagements to assist with specific issues.
Monthly meetings, perhaps as part of an advisory board.
Work with your team for 1–2 days per week.