Kia ora, I'm Ruth Young 👋 and we help your business thrive with people. I've spent the last 20 years, building and leading amazing, humanistic, high-performing, fast-growth globally distributed workplaces across NZ, Australia, the UK, Europe, and North America. More than 10 of those years have been in fast-growth technology start-ups and scale-ups of varying sizes and maturity including seek.com, myob.com, REA Group trading as realestate.com.au, and Mobihq.com.
Startups, or growth companies, move quickly through the unavoidable stages of company growth. So, they tend to feel the impact of any people problems in a major way.
Once a company tops 20 people it faces a new set of challenges that are heavily people-oriented. Leadership must change their focus and style, and communication begins to suffer as there are now sub teams that don’t have natural touchpoints across the organization.
It’s not until the team reaches about 50 people that it typically makes sense to hire a full-time Chief People Officer or Executive Level Head of Talent.
A fractional People & Culture Leader is the perfect bridge. Please get in touch to discuss your needs!
- Employment branding, hiring, and onboarding
- Employee experience design, policies, and guidelines
- Executive and leadership development and coaching
- Leading change, improving performance, and managing grievances
- Employment compliance covered
- Supporting, growing, and mentoring your internal Operations and/or People & Culture People
I'm based in Wellington but travel across Aotearoa.